Barcelona, Costa Brava Gardens and Girona Flower Festival
- Tour summary
The tour takes in the fascinating gardens of Barcelona, including Gaudi’s Parque Guel, and Salvador Dali’s garden in Cadaques. In addition you visit dramatic Mediterranean coastal gardens with plants adapted to the conditions on the rugged coastline.
We also visit the Girona Flower Festival. Every yearthis medieval city is transformed for a short period into a giant, open air floral art gallery. Whole streets are bedecked with with flowers and flower sculptures on a grand scale. There are some truly amazing sights.
Choose a 3 night visit to take in just the Girona Flower Festival or stay 5 nights and spend time in Barcelona as well. An example itinerary is shown for the 5 night/ 6 day holiday. The 3 night/ 4 day holiday follows the same itinerary until Day 4 when guests return to UK.
Flights from UK to Barcelona where you will be met by our tour leader and transfer to your hotel in central Girona, which is within walking distance of all major sights. Welcome dinner in hotel.
Today we visit the Girona Flower Festival. This annual event is an amazing testimony to the artistic nature of the Catalan people. The streets of Girona are transformed with carpets of flowers and flower sculptures. A spectacle unlike any other we have seen. Then after lunch in a local restaurant, specializing in local delicacies, we visit another masterpiece – Salvador Dali’s fantastic house and garden at Cadaques, where we see how this famous artist turned his talents to his own garden. Return to hotel for dinner.
We take time to visit gardens including Santa Clotilde and Marimurta and another close by. During the day we make time for lunch in a local restaurant. Afternoon at leisure. Dinner at local restaurant.
We travel to Barcelona. Once there we take a leisurely tour of the iconic Parc Guell designed by Gaudi. Evening at leisure in Barcelona.
After breakfast we spend time visiting some of the other memorable gardens of Barcelona—Laberinto de Horta y Montjuic. We have lunch in a local restaurant before taking in other famous sights including the amazing Sagrada Familia Cathedral, another Gaudi masterpiece. Farewell dinner in Barcelona.
Return flights to the UK.
Date of Departure & Pricing
2017 dates and prices coming soon.
- Return scheduled flights from London to Barcelona. (Flights from your local airport on request.)
- 5 nights accommodation in specially selected 4* hotels on bed and breakfast basis plus three lunches and four dinners.
- Two nights in Barcelona, Three nights in a central hotel in Girona.
- Escorted by knowledgeable tour guide
- Welcome dinner in hotel
- Visit to the Girona Flower Festival with its unique mixture of flowers and sculpture on a grand scale.
- Guided tour of Salvador Dali’s fascinating garden in Cadaques.
- Dinner in hotel in Girona.
- Guided visits to two of the finest gardens of Catalunya - Santa Clotilde and Marimurta
- Lunch and dinner in typical Catalan restaurants.
- Visit Gaudi’s creation - Parque Guel – a fascinating mix of sculpture and lanscaping
- Visit other memorable gardens of Barcelona - Laberinto de Horta and Montjuic – with lunch in local restaurant.
- Visit to Sagrada Familia – Gaudi’s monumental cathedral, started in 1882 and due to be finally completed by around 2026.
- A farewell dinner in a specially selected Catalan restaurant in Barcelona.
- Moderate Pace